Art Journal

Nature Ramblings ~ Past Times Time Travel ~ Romancing Daily Life

Monday, August 26, 2013

Gardening with the Half Moon Bay Rabbits

On a recent trip over to Half Moon Bay (HMB), I fell big time for these bunnies. I've got two kind of boring pots of ivy that are doing fine and not looking very exciting out under the clothesline. Wouldn't they make nice rabbits?

I looked around on the web for topiary ideas in a rabbit mode, but I'm not wild about plunking down the big bucks for topiary forms.

I did, however, find a great budget-oriented idea (the post was written in 2002) from this gardener, who planned to wrap recycled stuffed toys from the thrift store, either with chicken wire stuffed with moss and tied with fishing line, or else green plastic coated fencing wire. You can read more about her plans at http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/topiary/msg0912565932312.html

I'm thinking about planting some ivy rabbits in my own garden....





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign at least your first name, even if you are leaving an anonymous comment :-)

I'm sure everyone will be polite!

Followers