Art Journal

Nature Ramblings ~ Past Times Time Travel ~ Romancing Daily Life

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Do butterflies dream?

Please click on the picture above for more dreamy detail


Do butterflies dream?

I wished that I was visiting with this lady today, at the San Francisco Conservatory of Flowers in Golden Gate Park.


My friend, Judy wrote me to say,

"I'd call it 'Dining Out in Style'

There is an average life span of a butterfly - it is usually about one month.  Although the smallest butterflies that you can usually spot feasting on the flowers in your front yard will usually only live about one week.  Mourning Cloaks, some tropical Heliconians, and Monarchs are some of the only butterflies that have an average life span of about nine months. From the butterfly site, they don't sleep, I guess they only rest. "


I have been working on coding in C++ and Objective-C instead. Which can be as intense an experience as this butterfly is having- but, today,  not as colorful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign at least your first name, even if you are leaving an anonymous comment :-)

I'm sure everyone will be polite!

Followers